Monday, July 24, 2006

let me sleep if we go to hell.

Pitchfork Music Festival is this week. I started counting down to this several months ago. A vacation of any sort with my best gal and best pal is something to look forward to, place it in Chicago, and add the Hilton Chicago and you've got me sold. Multiply by forty-one bands and I'm downright giddy.
Aside from the dozens of personal memories of last year's Intonation Festival, one of my favorites is the performance by Les Savy Fav, with frontman Tim Harrington blowing away everyone in sight. Highlights of their set alone included a bubble machine, tiny red shorts, a slip-n-slide, the audience taking a knee, near nudity, and a climactic sing-along version of "The Sweat Descends" to name a few.
I recognize that LSF is not playing Pitchfork, and their aforementioned performance was a year ago, but it simply excites me for this weekend and that's that.
I just spent a healthy amount of money on a good digital camera so that I can attempt to recap this weekends events in detail when I return. Furthermore, I'll be trying not to skimp this week on posts, since you'll be without me for the weekend.
Without further ado and/or chit chat, here are some Les Savy Fav songs. Nod your head forcefully, go a little crazy, and thank these guys for everything they've done (including inspiring and nursing Thunderbirds Are Now!).



Les Savy Fav's "Dishonest Don Part 2"
from The Cat and the Cobra

Les Savy Fav's "Crawling Can Be Beautiful"
from Go Forth

Les Savy Fav's "I. C. Timer"
from EMOR (rome written upside down)

Les Savy Fav's "The Sweat Descends"
& "Knowing How The World Works"
from Inches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home