Monday, July 17, 2006

where the green grass grays.

Music Saves is not only a truthful and valid statement, it's a record store in Cleveland that has had open doors for two years today. While about an hour of driving time and gas prices what they are prevent me from being the kind of customer of theirs that I'd like to be, I am still in awe of Kevin, Melanie, their cat Vinyl and how far the three of them have brought their incredible store. Some days I just wish I were sitting on one of their orange lounge chairs for hours, dipping into my savings account to purchase their perfect recommendations.
In celebration Music Saves, along with Beachland, is having a free show and BBQ next Saturday around 2PM. The bands that are playing are some very notable Cleveland locals (not including the Insound recommended Bears) including Machine Go Boom, This Moment In Black History, The Very Knees and The Celebrity Pilots.
Above all, I recommend The Celebrity Pilots and their melodic pop-rock influenced by The Zombies and masterminded by NASA engineer Chris Sheehan. Listen to two tracks from their ten month old album, Beneath the Pavement, A Beach!, below, stream the entire thing right here, hear their five song performance for WOXY here, and listen to two new songs from their next album, I Wish I Was Automatic, on MySpace.



The Celebrity Pilots' "We've Lost Kasparov"
& "Lemons from Lemonade"
from Beneath the Pavement, A Beach!


And consider Music Saves a veritable resource for your intelligent music-loving ears.
Gotta go. That FAT Pageant is on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barry Lutz said...

Now why would you send us to monique's website?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Listen Well said...

Now why wouldn't I?

7:03 AM  
Blogger Barry Lutz said...

Touche, salesman.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home