Tuesday, July 18, 2006

there's something happening somewhere.

I've got to be honest. I'd rather be watching The Pee-Wee Herman Show or Invite Them Up.
I'll briefly just share two Californian acts. The Jeebus endorsed Ill Lit and the folky laptop-driven Novi Split. Ill Lit has a new album called Tom Cruise and should appeal to fans of The Format. David Jerkovitch (Novi Split) has played with Kind of Like Spitting and should impress your Bright Eyes/Elliot Smith/Postal Service-loving ears. You don't have to admit to any of those, if you'd prefer. I will, though.
Listen to more of each band on their respective MySpace pages: Ill Lit & Novi Split.
I should say that both are fine representations of folk music's presence in more and more these days. That may sound like criticism, but it's meant complimentarily. What would life be like if I were a metal-head?



Ill Lit's "Across Country"
& "Los Angeles"
from Tom Cruise

Novi Split's "Blues Run the Game"
& "Dancing in the Dark" (Bruce Springsteen cover)



Daytrotter had a session with French Kicks, whose Two Thousand hit stores today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home