Friday, March 31, 2006

is this just alphabetical now?

I'm not sure if not many people are aware of Koufax or if just no one cares? Neither seem very likely, but the latter upsets me, so I'll continue hoping it's the former. I believe myself to have owned Social Life now on at least three separate occasions. There may be something about it that made me feel I outgrew it, but I have the feeling the case was more a age/cool scenario. I've been in possession of my dad's old Navy shirt (that's lowercase 'o;' capital 'N') for several years. Obviously, he was in possession of it for some twenty years prior. It was shelved and never thought of because that just wouldn't be cool. Recently I rediscovered it and realized that - not only is it a perfect fit, but - it's absolutely cool, for a multitude of reasons.
Koufax's Social Life was released four years ago, but it can be rediscovered at any time. It also plays quite well on these inaugural Spring windows-down days. The Toledo/Detroit natives also just released . These guys are quite accessible and very easy to love. Do you like Ok Go or Piebald at least a bit? Do you still secretly love Hot Hot Heat? It's more than likely that you'll enjoy Koufax, but the thing is you could loathe both of those bands and still enjoy Koufax. The moral? Enjoy Koufax. I do.
Here come some of my favorite tracks from the two sister albums. The new album selections are the opener and closer; the opener is the single, the closer is painfully relatable and most cleverly titled.



Koufax's "Let Us Know"
"Social Life"
& "So Put On"
from Social Life

Koufax's "Why Bother At All?"
& "Colour Us Canadian"
from Hard Times Are In Fashion

Whoa. I'm listening to a new band (to me) and will have to force you to join me. What is it about octets? Tomorrow at the latest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home