Sunday, March 19, 2006

that's what i be doin'.

I wanted to get this post up on Sunday, so I'm being cheap now and posting this short one early Monday, with a more fleshed out post hopefully later on.
The pharmacist I work with most often has a son who was told by his dentist or orthodontist that he would need to have his palate widened. This will apparently be a costly surgery, but one of my coworkers thought he just needed to widen his palette (i.e., to broaden his tastes). I thought this was funny and am now using it as a segue to post music that most wouldn't necessarily expect from me. I like what I like.
I finally picked up "Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star" and turning it up while driving around on a sunny day off is just about perfect. It's good hip-hop. I was explaining recently how tired I am of popular music (be it pop, rap, what-most-people-call-indie, etc.) as it's all the same. I went on to paraphrase a Cex lyric, which I'll just post verbatim...
"Middle finger to the indie rock singer
Middle finger to the wack MC
Middle finger to the uncreative underground
And a sack of middle fingers to y'all on MTV
Middle finger to the indie rock singer
Middle finger to the wack MC
Middle finger to the uncreative underground

Now some sucks claim that their lyrically superior
Writing Cex off cause they say I'm not serious
Yeah, you might use a few more syllabyles
But you're singing about the exact same shit Britney Spears is
So hear this, I represent the average music listener
You've been bringin' us down, and now we're all pissed at ya..."
It's difficult to declare your love for Cex out loud and for the point to be clear. Tomorrow is Tuesday and you know what that means. No, I mean aside from the Wonder Showzen DVDs. Spotlight. And I think we just narrowed down our candidates. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.



Black Star's "Definition"
&
"Hater Players"

Uhm, Clarence Carter references make me smile uncontrollably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home