Monday, March 20, 2006

on ten, and eleven if it's spinal tap.

I started writing just now how I was pretty sure I posted about a group on my original "Today's Song" site a couple years ago. Out of curiosity I stopped and tried to locate that site. I found it and am extactic. It's overrun with Angelfire ads, but the theme is still buried in there, and it looks like you can still download all fifty-three songs. So consider this a massive post. I'll try to recover my Angelfire password and whatnot or at least recover those imagemaps. Wow. At least one person is pleased by all this. That gives me a resurgance of energy and momentum for this blog, and while I'd really like some feedback in any way (comments, e-mails: devoutinfidel@hotmail.com, AIMs: HowTheyGetThere, etc.), I recognize that I will derive more pleasure from this than anyone else. Just the small spark of hope that I have any affect on anyone through this or any outlet is overwhelming and enough.
So, since some things never change, here is the third repeat from my posting then and now (at least I have no intentions of posting about Jack Johnson or Maroon 5 anymore): Ugly Duckling, a white hip-hop trio from California with a couple full-lengths under their belt and a new LP out in the US on April 11th. I haven't located any of the new tracks for download anywhere (PLEASE notify me if you know of any), so I'll post what I like from what I've got, and what I've got is what should convince you.
UD's last full-length was a hip-hop concept album about a mythical and appealling fast food restaurant called MeatShake that serves meat exclusively. It's called "Taste The Secret" and taste it, you should. It's hard to narrow down what you should hear from this tremendously conceived and perfectly executed album.
I also recently found their 2000 release "Journey to Anywhere" and it's just plain fun. I can't imagine not enjoying this stuff.



Ugly Ducking's "Opening Act"
"Turn It Up"
&
"MeatShake"
from Taste The Secret

Ugly Duckling's "A Little Samba"
"If You Wanna Know"
&
"Pick up Lines"
from Journey To Anywhere

Oh, and what you've been waiting for: My original MP3 website - TODAY'S SONG

Thanks for reading, anybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home