Sunday, March 26, 2006

the first, the best, the living room.

The Spring and Summer of 2004 could not have involved more "Interventions & Lullabies" blaring in my car. I think that I was starting to consider The Format a guilty pleasure, but I've come to realize that that is bogus. The Format, no matter how radio-friendly, is a tremendous outfit. Originally just two talented gentlemen playing a few songs, The Format is now a full band with two EPs and LP under their belt. These numbers are both about to change however. The guys are releasing an online EP as a prelude to their sophomore LP. You can very easily join The Format's fan club "The Living Room" and gain access to five new songs and a video. Hell of a deal for being free.*
There are not many songs that I can play repeatedly, but somehow The Format has several just such songs and I'm sharing them with you. "Janet" may just be one of the best songs I've heard. Period. "On Your Porch" has a history of getting to me emotionally. And truthfully, "The First Single (You Know Me)," is what got me started. It took me quite some time to be able to get past that song (I&L's first) at all.
And now The Format is going out on tour with Anathallo?!* The world works fairly well sometimes.



The Format's "The First Single"
from EP

The Format's "Give It Up"
& "Career Day"
from Interventions & Lullabies

The Format's "Janet"
& "On Your Porch (acoustic)"
from Snails

The Format's Live From The Living Room: Volume One

BONUS: Plenty of Format downloads available here.


*Speaking of free/Anathallo: Anathallo is playing a free show in Cleveland tonight. Who here is going, would you raise your hand please? (Note: I'm typing this addendum one-handed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home