Saturday, March 25, 2006

i'm digging the sound.

"Dreamy, catchy, throwback rock." - Tamec.
Maybe Cleveland is the next big music scene. While I completely disagree with what I just said, I'll admit that it's not entirely farfetched. Last week I was introduced to Clevelanders (Akron is close enough) Goodmorning Valentine and this morning I remembered a band I saw in the Beachland Ballroom nearly two years ago. They only had three-song CDRs at the time, but those three not-perfectly-recorded pop songs played on repeat throughout that Summer until the next time I saw them. They were releasing their first label-backed (Van Gogh Round) EP, "Summer Sweet Summer" which added two more songs and some caliber of production value. This band is The Twilight and I couldn't be more thrilled to introduce them to you. If you know them already, then you either get kudos from me or a 'thank you for reading' if you're Amie or JBright.
The Twilight wrapped up recording a proper debut full-length this year and are currently label-shopping and website-creating. It should prove to be The Twilight's year. My name is Tim and you can count on it.*



The Twilight's "Apple Pie Suburbia" (My favorite)
"Amsterdam"
"I've Got Love"
& NEW SONG: "Walking Down The Street"


*More Cleveland fame. The now locally legendary Marc Brown of Norton's Furniture (famous for his high production value commercials. ) has signed on for Evil Dead Night at Elyria's Midway Cinemas. It's April 22. It's $10. Zombies. "Evil Dead." Marc talking. All night. I'll try to get you more information. I know you're drooling.

Oh! Oh! Oh! And an add-on to my Cex post. Rjyan is playing with Sandcats and I guarantee, no matter who you are, you will be hooked by listening to their one and only song on MySpace. You will not regret it or forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home