Wednesday, March 29, 2006

sometimes is and kinda

Let me tell you how I found out about Joiya...

I wish I could tell you. Through Justin somehow or another, I'm assuming. They're really quite good.
Being as how this is my blog and this is a band with very little accessible press or distribution, I'll let a few songs from their 2004 self-released Sometimes Is And Kinda and one new demo speak for themselves. It's really too gorgeous outside to be doing this.
Maybe I'll add more to this later. But only if I get some kind of response. I'd really like to see if anyone cares what I spend this time doing daily.

Anyway. Joiya is two boys and two girls playing the following instruments: cello, string bass, guitar, violin, piano, vibraphone, glockenspiel, percussion and vocal chords. The debut album also includes the occasional addition of trombone, baritione, tuba, french horn, tympani and Cale Parks (of Aloha and Cex) playing vibraphone.
Have fun. They do.



Joiya's "Merchants"
"June/July"
& "Penguin Suite"
from Sometimes Is And Kinda

Joiya's "Rouge" (demo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home