Friday, August 04, 2006

i love you, too.

I'll have something for you later this evening, but I just wanted to take a minute to point you in the direction of the gospel according to my friend Jeff. It gets tedious reading only about music; I praise those that read everything I write and don't skip down to the songs. Like I said, it gets tedious. Well, Jeff has written for Bowling Green of Ohio's news website (and newspaper, I believe) on several occasions and for good reason. He writes very well and I firmly believe you'll laugh aloud as you scan through some of his work on his newer blog, Jeebus Loves You. This is a standup guy who introduced me to great music back in our day. no one is awake is simply trying to pay him back daily.

Just as a bonus thrill for you today, here's We Are Scientists' hard-to-find 2003 EP, In Action. I found it for $2.50 last year before seeing them open for Bishop Allen. The show was far from sold out and far from terrible.



We Are Scientists' In Action EP
"Selective Memory"
"Coming Clean"
"That One Pop Gem"
"Riffmasterb"
"Secret Handshake"
"Bomb Inside The Bomb"



And for those of you in the area...


2 Comments:

Blogger Barry Lutz said...

I love you, too, too. Thank you very much for your generous words. I always enjoy reading what you have to say because the truth is that even though you have a lot of good things to say about music, the way you say it is equally entertaining. From back in the day to having our backs to the days, brother.

I did write regularly for the newspaper and the website was updated in regards to the paper. So my stuff was printed in the paper every week, but the website updating was lacksadaisical at best.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for this - it's great.

and props to barry for using the word lackadaisical.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home