Sunday, April 02, 2006

i'd rather be a traitor than a man who doesn't care.

You know what? I still haven't received Bishop Allen's February EP and I ordered two of them on February 26th. So how do I take out my aggrevation? I popped in one of my dozen Polyvinyl 2005 samplers and simply felt marvelous while listening to "People You Meet." It's a track from Clementines which has had a release date of TBA for over a year now, and probably won't be seen for at least the better part of another year. I know I'm selling you hard on Bishop Allen's jangly pop with all these discouraging facts, but I simply think it's more fun to root for the underdog. The truth is that there are several reasons to be frustrated with Bishop Allen that have emerged over the last year or so. But it's that much more satisfying to realize that it's impossible to hate or even dislike BA.
For those of you not in the know, 2006 was proclaimed the year for Bishop Allen, and it will continue to be. Each month Christian (boy), Christian (girl), Justin and Jack will release a four song EP which they will personally ship to you alongside the frustrating US Postal Service. The third installment (March) will be available tomorrow (Monday) night. Hey, hopefully I'll have February this week as well.

To catch you up to speed, here are the BA approved sample tracks from each of the three completed EPs.
The gang has a glimpse at the elusive Clementines on their MySpace as well as two Charm School favorites and EP purchasing at their website.
Every Clementines song has, I'm sure, been recorded and re-recorded many a times, so the version of "People You Meet" may be outdated, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable. So do just that.



Bishop Allen's "Corazon" (01/06)
"Vain" (02/06)
"The Monitor" (03/06)
& "People You Meet"

March is now available. Huzzah.

And the truth is that Fox (while blundering many ways with Arrested Development) has a pretty decent Sunday line-up with "The Loop," "Family Guy," and "Free Ride."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home