Monday, April 17, 2006

don't use your words, chicago.

Monday is a day that I feel alright about not posting on. And even though today was quite long, I will not dismiss the opportunity to bring you a short post on a band I've been listening to for a short while.
I probably heard about Them, Roaringtwenties from the Joan of Arc message board, and justifiably so. These four Chicagoans play instrumental indie jazz music that truly lacks accurate categorization. If you know and enjoy Pele, Collections of Colonies of Bees, Colossal (sans-vocals) the guitar work of many Joan of Arc centered projects, and possibly Tristeza, I'd be willing to bet you'll be quite impressed with Them, Roaringtwenties. I don't know too much about the band, so I'll leave you with that brief praising description. The band has four songs up on MySpace. And I've got two of them for you here.
Thanks. Let's get through the week.



Them, Roaringtwenties' "Cody Hides Microphones at Practice"
& "Riding Bikes to Work"
from Vagina Monologues

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home