Saturday, July 01, 2006

spoiled sick like milk you let sit too long.

I was lucky enough to be greeted this morning by a few bits of news from the almighty Polyvinyl Record Co. Of course I'm selecting the release that's furthest off to share my excitement about. Owen's At Home With Owen has been slated for a definite Fall (September or October) 2006 release. It's another opportunity to force by love of the music Mike Kinsella has made and continues to make on you. I did find a track listing from a Japanese blog and since Japan tends to get releases before the U.S., there's a possibility it's correct, but I'd say the more probable possibility is that it's not. But it can't hurt to speculate...

1. Bad News
2. The Sad Waltzes of Pietro Crespi
3. Bags of Bones
4. Use Your Words
5. A Bird in Hand
6. Windows and Doorways
7. Femme Fatale
8. One of These Days

Like I said, this is from an unknown (because I can't read Japanese) source and I'm just repeating it.
Mike recently debuted the album version of "Pietro Crespi" on MySpace. The title comes from the gentle Italian pianist whose involvement in a love triangle leads to his suicide in Gabriel Garcia Marquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude. You can also hear a slightly older "demo" version of the same great song.
Also, enjoy two great live videos of At Home With Owen songs played on February 5th, 2006 at North Star Bar in Philadelphia, PA.



Owen's "Pietro Crespi"
from At Home With Owen

BONUS: Owen's "Pietro Crespi" (Demo)



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! What was the Japanese page address? I can possibly get pages of Kanji translated. Thanks for the mp3!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the tracklisting is accurate. Someone from Polyvinyl posted the same info on the PV msg board.

http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1372&SearchTerms=windows,and,doorways

By the way, I recorded those videos! More to come, once I can get a legitimate DVD authoring program...

3:24 PM  
Blogger Listen Well said...

wow. what a coincidence. thanks again, mike.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home