Wednesday, June 28, 2006

let your hard luck end.

While I was able to locate my original pre-blog daily MP3 website back in March, I don't have much hope for finding my abandoned (not to mention copyright-infringing and self-limiting) "Ben Folds (Five) Song of the Day" website. I was then and am now a big fan of everything Folds was able to do with Five's bassist Robert Sledge and drummer Darren Jessee as well as with his still-thriving solo career.
It should come as no surprise, however, that Jessee's newest project is heart-warming and spectacular. Hotel Lights create gentle and occasionally dreamy alt-pop that is, by all accounts, enjoyable. Not unlike Travis or even Maritime, Hotel Lights' strengths are played as such. Sad songs can still bring a smile to your face, and mellow can be golden.
Their debut full-length has been released by Bar/None records and they're embarking on a tour with none other than 2006-workaholics Bishop Allen. You can listen to more at their MySpace or website.
You can also listen right here, I suppose. That is what I do.



Hotel Lights' "Let Me Be The One"
& "Another Year"
from goodnightgoodmorning EP

Hotel Lights' "Small Town Shit"
& "Follow Through"
from Hotel Lights

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home