Saturday, November 04, 2006

i'm on your side and we're always right. it's perfect and worth it.

Sometimes, an album can be on my "to buy" list for so long that it becomes too built up, too epic, or too old for me to ever actually buy it. Luckily, not much has changed in the last six or so years. Back in the days of my "Today's Song" Angelfire website. Well, a lot has. I know have an absolute appreciation for The American Analog Set. At that time, upon my first listen, my tastes were all over the place and I think I was excited for "Punk As Fuck" to sound punk as fuck. It was the irony that drew me in then, but the song itself was enough to help shape my ideals of mellow melodic synth pop.
The American Analog Set's Know By Heart is finally a happy member of my growing record collection, and his home couldn't be more welcoming. It's nice to have another album in such close alphabetic proximity to The Album Leaf and, well, my other American Analog Set albums.
This stopped being interesting about a hundred words ago. AmAnSet has been around for the better part of a decade, and their most recent release, Set Free, on Arts & Crafts is damn fine. You can currently download an album's worth of Set Free demos from American Analog Set's website. These are definitely worthwhile extras from an appropriate soundtrack, like most AmAnSet albums, for a drive on a cool Fall day.
Oh hell. What doesn't make for a good listen, driving on a cool Fall day?



American Analog Set's "Punk As Fuck"
from Know By Heart

BONUS: American Analog Set's "Born On The Cusp"
from Set Free



CHRISTMAS IS STILL IN FIFTY
American Analog Set's "Desert Eagle (All I Want For Christmas mix)"


NOTE: I am starting to get a better feel for the new EZArchive. But I know that older links are not working, and will continue not to work until I get a surge of energy and free time to change them individually.
Oh hey. What're you listening to a lot of lately?

1 Comments:

Blogger MarkinIL said...

There is this Women Take Back the Noise 3CD comp. I've been working my way through that.

Otherwsie some twee pop and 80's and 90's punk.

Thats on top of the normal Make Believe / Joan of Arc

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home