Saturday, November 04, 2006

nobody can see us.

I did lag behind on the first wave of blog buzz surrounding I'm From Barcelona. I didn't miss it. I watched the "We're From Barcelona" video several times and sang and swayed along. Emanuel Lundgren wrote an album full of overwhelmingly fun pop songs and gathered nearly thirty of his closest friends to flesh the tunes out for Let Me Introduce My Friends, a positively positive experience of clap-reinforced, dance-inspiring, sing-along infectiousness. Where The Polyphonic Spree's size is often quite apparent, I'm From Barcelona could very well be a solo album. The songs derive their power through their simplicity, but the knowledge that almost every sound in a song is created by a unique individual gives the album a sense of beautiful unity.
This is the kind of album that is too good for you to listen to too frequently, but every time you brush the dust off of it, you're affected the same way as the first time you listened. Smiles ensue.
Shopping around online for an import won't set you back a regrettable amount, but Lundgren just announced that Mute will release the album in North America in early 2007.



I'm From Barcelona's "We're From Barcelona"
& "Treehouse"
from Let Me Introduce My Friends



CHRISTMAS IN FIFTY
Barenaked Ladies' "Green Christmas"
Barenaked Ladies' "Deck The Stills"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home