Thursday, October 19, 2006

we are feeling so erroneously unknown.

Maybe I gave one song a chance. Maybe I didn't like their name. Maybe I didn't like album art. For some reason I had dismissed The Dears. Unfortunately they don't play the quirky, instantly appealing music that wins me back over. It took a depression-induced buying spree for me to pick up their new (Arts & Crafts) album, Gang of Losers, and then another week to give it it's due listen. While I still wouldn't quite know what to say to someone who dismissed The Dears as boring, I would be content knowing that that person is missing out. For those keeping a sentence word struggle tally: Consecutive sentences using "it it's" and "that that."
The Dears rake together a thick, layered pile of leaves that could be easily passed by. But, if indulged, one can find an explosion of colors, warmth, and a timely sense of acceptance of his current state, which would theoretically be at the bottom of a thick, layered pile of leaves.
If you live in the states, you may be better off seeking out Gang of Losers from your local carrier of decent independent music. Otherwise, Arts & Crafts may offer you a good deal. Oh, and buy me The Most Serene Republic's Phages. I cannot stress to you how much I need this EP.


The Dears' "Ticket To Immortality"
& "Bandwagoneers"
from Gang of Losers



CHRISTMAS COMES IN SIXTY_SIX DAYS
Dean Martin's "Let It Snow"
Dean Martin's "The Christmas Blues"

2 Comments:

Blogger Barry Lutz said...

I love using "that that" when I write. It's why I do what I do.




I have no idea what the last sentence is supposed to refer to.

11:51 PM  
Blogger MarkinIL said...

Have you used the City on Film Christmasish song yet? Have you heard it?

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home