Sunday, October 08, 2006

you come barring down like an atom bomb.

I had forgotten about Longwave. Around four years ago, I was not quite into the independent music scene, so when my favorite now-closed record store (My Generation) offered "back-stage passes" with the purchase of Longwave's The Strangest Things, I hopped on board. As I drove home, being delighted with the rock album I was being introduced to, I found some ex-girlfriend to go to the concert with me. I think maybe Stellastarr opened. Longwave were extremely impressive. They gave off kind of a Walkmen meets The Strokes with more sincerity, occasional shoegaze beauty, and an ability to be more up front about their love of Television.
In any case, There's A Fire came and went last year, and The Strangest Things remains just as important to me. Sure, I learned that night that backstage passes are for fans of bands who tour stadiums; not clubs, autographs are far more awkward than simple conversation, and a good rock concert is irreplaceable.



Longwave's "Wake Me When It's Over"
& "Everywhere You Turn"
from The Strangest Things



THE GREAT CHICAGO FIRE BEGAN TODAY 135 YEARS AGO.
Rilo Kiley's "Xmas Cake"

It should be noted that I cannot stand the word "X-Mas" in print. If you know be, you know that it is not in any way a religious sentiment. I simply think it looks dumb and is a senseless abbreviation.


As I grow closer to filling my alloted space on EXArchive, I am faced with the unfortunate task of taking down old MP3s. I will probably start next weekend by removing songs from the first two months of no one is awake. That will be approximately 200 of over 800 songs I've shard with you. I don't like doing it. I'd rather have everything available for anyone at any time, but that appears to be slightly overzealous. I probably won't become a dot com, and I probably won't pay for more storage space. I probably will continue to do my best for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barry Lutz said...

I love you and EZArchive is not good enough to have you.


You can store all the songs on your massive computer screen.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy a domain. i belieeeve you can do it.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home