Monday, October 02, 2006

you'll become a resolution.

It has been quite a chuck of time since I've mentioned how fond I am of a band that my girlfriend introduced me to nearly two years ago. I tried to simply dismiss the lo-fi songs I heard under the simple pretense that she described them as her friend Jasen's band. I feel like an ass even admitting that. I didn't expect Page France to be so good. It was impossible that she or I could have guessed that they would get as much of the deserved attention as they have. The song that captured my interest was "A Dozen Dimes," and I've agreed not to host it as it's unreleased and apparently unpolished. But such is the appeal of Michael Nau's indie pop sensation Page France; their material is sweet and touching in any form, be it live, mastered and mixed recordings, or unfinished demos.
Daytrotter is currently making this evident with four songs recorded live in a session a couple months back. You can download the four recordings here, so you can have an additional version of "Chariot" to play on repeat.
Suicide Squeeze just re-released their sophomore album Hello, Dear Wind, which means that it can legitimately top just as many lists this year as it did last year. It also means that this is your second chance to pick up one of the most painfully beautiful collection of sincere pop gems that paint a brighter hue of blue to any sky and emit enough light to make any tear or smile twinkle.
My most sincere gratitude goes to Ashley and Jasen for both directly introducing me to Page France. Who will you thank?



Page France's "Air Pollution"
& "Rhythm"
from Come, I'm A Lion!

Page France's "Junkyard"
& "Bush"
from Hello, Dear Wind

Page France at Daytrotter.
Page France on MySpace.
Michael Nau and Whitney McGraw also play as The Broadway Hush.
You can purchase their albums or their rough draft EP's, Pear & Sister Pinecone through Fall Records.



CMAS83
Arcade Fire's "Jingle Bell Rock"
Neil Diamond's "Jingle Bell Rock"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home