Monday, June 05, 2006

i hear it's colder in cleveland.

This is another abbreviated post, even with more time on my hands than anticipated. But there will be a theme. Oh yes. There will be a theme.
Barsuk records. You'll notice their logo on all of your Death Cab CD's, but hopefully you're more familiar with them than that. Honestly, I just assume you are. Barsuk are one day away from the release of Smoosh's second album Free To Stay from two sisters who are collectively barely older than me. How can you celebrate? Listen to the entire album at Mammoth Press.
The Seattle-based label also recently announced the signing of What Made Milwaukee Famous. Listen to "Hellodrama" and three more songs through their MySpace.
Another recent signee is Jim Noir, whose infectious pop music has a slight electronic feel and will stick with you for a while. Listen to "Key Of C" through MySpace.
Finally, I'm not sure how I wasn't aware of The House of Blues' Kuyahoga concert on August 3rd, featuring Death Cab For Cutie, The Flaming Lips, and more. While, I'm not sure I'll be attending, it does give me sufficient reason to post Ben Gibbard's older solo project's song about just that city. If for some reason you are a DCFC fan without this readily-available compact disc, amend that situation immediately.



All-Time Quarterback's "Cleveland"
from All-Time Quarterback


Do I need to keep plugging tomorrow's Spotlight? Yes. I do. Just be patient for it. It will be up eventually, and you will be overwhelmed by everything, all at once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home