Thursday, May 25, 2006

there used to be jesus, but now there are other things.

A storm is coming. Judging from the pre-thunder humidity, it should be a great force. Here's hoping.
In eight days, I'll be heading to Athens, Ohio for Lobsterfest '06. I don't know the origin of the Ohio University festival, but I know that Owen, Matt Pond PA, Saturday Looks Good To Me, and Kevin Devine will all be playing, along with Ohioans Joe Anderl, Fine Dining, and Southeast Engine.
Southeast Engine calls Athens, Ohio home, and have been quietly churning out some quality alt-country/folk for over half a decade. The six-piece has played shows with The Wrens, Lucero, Head of Femur and Magnolia Electric Co., to name a few, and I've become increasingly excited to see them since I first heard them (this morning).
If you enjoy Goodmorning Valentine, you'll probably like Southeast Engine. I referenced (and linked to) a GMV post I did just yesterday, as well.
I'm afraid a power outage could cause hefty computer damage, so I'm speedily finishing this post. Enjoy.



Southeast Engine's "Holy Ghost"
& "Coming To Terms With Gravity"
from Coming To Terms With Gravity

Southeast Engine's "Where Are You Know?"
from One Caught Fire EP

The band's website has a few more songs, including two very good new demos and their MySpace has another CTTWG track.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wayyyy excited for the Athens adventure. All the Martys will unite around joyous music and fun! Exciting!
Sincerely, Marty

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home