Wednesday, June 14, 2006

i feel like i'm flying in my dreams.

I just realized today that I have yet to post about a record I could not remove from my player for over a month recently. I'm not altering that today, either. While I don't have an inside scoop about her, nor can I offer anything insightful about her, I thought you should know about Cibelle if you don't already. She's a cute musician/singer/songwriter from London and has been compared to CocoRosie and Bjork. WAIT! I doubt you'll agree. I don't. Her music is very sonically pleasurable and her writing on her MySpace is endearing. She's gotten help from Devendra Banhart and Seu Jorge on her album, but all you really need to know you'll learn from simply listening.



Cibelle's "London London"
& "Flying High"
from The Shine of Dried Electric Leaves

Also, listen to "Mad Man Song," "Green Grass," and two gorgeous others on her MySpace.

And warm yourself under the blanket that is Aloha.
EDIT: Cool yourself by the fan that is Aloha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home