Monday, May 15, 2006

i'll level you with my whip.

Thank you thank you thank you for all the kind words and resurgence of energy for nooneisawake. All of that and three packages in the mail make me excited to update again. Bottoms of Barrels has arrived, but more importantly two ebay treasures have made their ways into my life. Two Longmont Potion Castle CD's are now essential members of my collection. You had better be familiar with LPC or I'm gonna take a tree branch to your lip. If for some reason you aren't already quoting Longmont with your friends, co-workers, etc. then you should take a small crash course. A crash course in ointment. Ointment sandwiches. You need Late-Eighties-Vein. Simple as that. I may make most or all of it available, depending on whether you fine folks are into this.



Longmont Potion Castle's "Rope"
"Frickey Weaver"
Dirk Funk"
"I Don't Have Any Brothers"

Now that we've got that out of our systems, I want to thank Michael. With the exceptions of Owls, Cap'n Jazz, Joan of Arc, Cex, The Promise Ring, and a few other releases, I haven't necessarily trusted Jade Tree. But I have to admit that Snowden has turned my head and peaked my attention. I have to admit that I am looking forward to Anti-Anti, but more importantly have three new Christmas songs to listen to at invalid times. I hope I've mentioned my obsession with Christmas music. You should know that Snowden have opened for The Unicorns, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Xiu Xiu, and The Arcade Fire, but in reading a short background on the band, one word stuck out: Isolated. I get from the songs I've heard (which is rapidly and exponentially growing) that the four guys of Snowden are locked in a room in a tall building in a big city, isolated from the world, not rushed or adulterated in writing songs they thoroughly enjoy playing together. Again, thank you for turning me on to Snowden.
Here is the title track from the debut full-length, a link to the band's MySpace page with three more new songs, a link to their website with a downloadable EP, and the three Christmas songs that I'll be overplaying until a time that it would be logical to play them.



Snowden's "Anti-Anti"
from Anti-Anti

Snowden's Christmas Time Is Here"
"Happy Christmas (War Is Over)"
& "White Christmas"


It should be known that John Lennon's "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)" is my favorite Christmas song to date, and every cover of it hold a special place in my heart.

It should also be known that The IO's don't merit all the comparisons to Stars that they've been receiving. Good. But not Stars good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check this out for a quasi-bio and mp3 of Black Eyes:
http://stickfig.securesites.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5387

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, try this
&
Black Eyes

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home