Monday, September 11, 2006

there is no way to say and there is nothing i can do.

Today was the first day I'd heard anything by Herman Dune, but I'm determined to make sure it's the first in a line of many rather than a first and only. There's plenty to learn about the extraordinary amount (and quality) of work that Sweden's Herman Dune has done in the last decade, not to mention the impressive list of side projects. But most pertinent is the new full length album called Giant. It will be released in October and will absolutely floor you. I could say that HD is somewhere between The Mountain Goats and Talking Heads and Acid House Kings, but that would leave out a lot of the majesty and be counterproductive. Just listen to "I Wish That I Could See You Soon." You'll understand. Again, learn quite a lot more than I'm providing you with at the website or listen to more on MySpace.



Herman Dune's "I Wish That I Could See You Soon"
& "Nickel Chrome"
from Giant


And from last year's Not On Top, Herman Dune's "Not On Top"


And because they seem destined to play back to back on any mix...
The Mountain Goats' "This Year"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home